It is all about quality and so we never ever neglect it! The Citronella Oil, provided by us, is obtained from handpicked stems and leaves of lemongrass. It is usually in colorless or light yellow form. Over the years, we have attained maturity in handling small as well as bulk orders of Citronella Oil.
- The citronella oil comes from the stems and leaves of lemongrass
- In the present times, the global production of the oil is touching four thousand tons
- The oil is mainly produced in Indonesia and China
- Citronella oil is a volatile type of oil and one can obtain this oil from the lemon scented and greenish blue leaves
- Until the start of this present century, this was the much produced oil
- One can get this oil in the colorless form or it is light yellow in color
- The toxic levels of this oil are low and thus it does not pose any threat to environment and wildlife
- It is said that the fumes of the oil are toxic for birds
Uses of the oil :
- The oil acts like a mosquito repellent.
- This oil has aromatherapy properties but it is overlooked generally in this area because it is commonly associated with insect repellents.
Constituents : The four prime constituents in this oil are citronellal (32-45%), geraniol (11-13%), geranyl acetate (3-8%), limonene (1-4%).
Blends with : The oil lends with many essential oils like lemon, bergamot, orange etc.